Google Down the Line!: Dani still not healed, will skip Ordina Open


Thursday, June 12, 2008

Dani still not healed, will skip Ordina Open

More bad news for Daniela Hantuchova.

The slender Slovak, who's been dealing with a stress fracture that kept her out of Roland Garros, is still not healed and won't be competing at the Ordina Open as she hoped:

It is very disappointing but after almost two months of being out of competition due to a stress fracture in my foot, I am still not completely recovered and I am sad to announce that I won’t be able to compete at the Ordina Open this year. I really enjoyed playing in s-Hertogenbosch last year and was looking forward to coming back and preparing for Wimbledon. Unfortunately it takes a while to fully recover from such injury and I have to be patient throughout this recovery process. I hope to be ready for competition soon and I wish everyone a great week of tennis and much love to all the fans!
Oh boy. As I've talked about previously, stress fractures suck and have ended a few baller's careers most notably Monica Seles'.

I really do enjoy the pureness of Dani's play though her tendency towards implosion makes me cringe (think: Aussie Open '08 semis people.) Let's hope her recovery continues, though, and she's back soon.

(image via dhantuchova.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...