Google Down the Line!: Dani resurfaces, may return at Ordina Open in June


Thursday, June 5, 2008

Dani resurfaces, may return at Ordina Open in June

Daniela Hantuchova is ready to come back after suffering a stress fracture in her right foot recently. Even though the slender Slovak hasn't touched a racquet since April, she hasn't just been sitting pretty:

Daniela, how do you feel physically and mentally after one month without playing tournaments?
On the fitness front, I have been doing a lot of pool and low impact work but it’s hard not be able to run. Treadmill training is best for endurance and speed and it’s like a mental outlet for me. Of course I’m trying to stay positive but I greatly miss the game. I haven’t really picked up a racquet since early April so it’s been frustrating to say the least. At this point, yoga is a big factor in keeping me sane :-) !

What did you do during Roland-Garros tournament ?
One very nice thing was that I was able to celebrate my big brother’s 30th birthday at home with him, our family and closest friends. Other than being in and out of medical facilities for tests, check-ups, treatments, etc… I am reading and spending lots of time at home while I have a break now. I also spent some time in Barcelona with my coach.

When and where will you do your come back ?
I have my hopes set on playing Rosmalenn [Ordina Open], always a nice warm up for Wimbledon. Helps to get a few matches in before a Grand Slam. I can’t wait to be back doing what I love most, tennis !

Let's hope that shaky foot stays healed for a while - can't wait to see you back Dani!

(image via dhantuchova.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...