Google Down the Line!: Let's check in with Andy Murray, shall we?


Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Let's check in with Andy Murray, shall we?


So what's up with Andy Murray these days?

After tumbling out of the top 20 after his second-round defeat to Mario Ancic in Miami, the Scot decided to add another coach to his already large entourage for the clay-court swing: two-time French Open finalist Alex Corretja. Andy believes Alex's experience on the dirt will translate to his game saying,

I met him a couple of times last year, had lunch with him at one of the tournaments at the end of the year in Madrid and I thought he'd be a good guy to work with. Purely because I haven't played much on the clay lately and he's got a lot of experience and will teach me again how to do the things I used to do on the clay.
If his fitness and head are in check, Andy should be a factor through Roland Garros.

In other news, the 20-year old announced he will be participating in the controversial Beijing Olympics. Though his fellow Brit, Tim Henman, endured a hectic torch relay this past weekend Andy isn't concerned with the political atmosphere surrounding these Games:
For me, the Olympics is more about the sport. I'm just concentrating and looking forward to playing in the tennis. I'm not a politician.
(image via AP Photo/Wilfredo Lee)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...