Google Down the Line!: FASHION FIX: Justine Henin returns to Oz, sports high-mark adidas gear


Wednesday, January 9, 2008

FASHION FIX: Justine Henin returns to Oz, sports high-mark adidas gear


Seeking redemption: Justine Henin played her first official match down under today since her controversial retirement in the 2006 Australian Open final. Last year, the World No. 1 skipped the Australian leg of the tour completely to deal with her divorce from Pierre Yves-Hardenne.

The Belgian looked in devastating form, dismissing Estonian qualifier Kaia Kanepi 6-2 6-0 after a walkover in her first match at the Medibank International in Sydney. Afterwards, Justine expressed her feelings about being back saying,
"I left Australia with a strange feeling two years ago and I wasn't here last year, so its a great feeling to be back again, [...] I feel really comfortable about what happened and I have no regrets. I was feeling so bad. I wasn't healthy enough to play that match. It's pretty tough in a Grand Slam when you're not 100 percent to take your chances and take the opportunity. [...] I wanted this title so much so it was tough, but I don't have anything to prove to anyone. I'm here because I love tennis."

Clothing sponsor adidas has hooked up the World No. 1 with the same design we loved on Alicia Molik. Here we can see additional details on the back including the yellow tie at the waist and the side slits on the skirt. Also, the 'hint of border' we mentioned on Alicia's post is, in fact, a full border on the skirt.

We much prefer the white + wine color combo over this bright blue, but the design is still tops.

(images via Ezra Shaw/Getty Images & GREG WOOD/AFP/Getty Images)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...