Google Down the Line!: BREAKING: Andy Murray splits from coach Brad Gilbert


Wednesday, November 14, 2007

BREAKING: Andy Murray splits from coach Brad Gilbert


Game over: The UK's Daily Record is reporting that Brit Andy Murray has fired coach Brad Gilbert after a "falling out." The Lawn Tennis Association, the governing body for British tennis, has been bankrolling their partnership with the understanding Gilbert would coach Andy and also help develop other British players in the program.

Andy released a statement via his website:

"Despite being injured for almost four months this year, I am pleased with my 2007 results and am very grateful for the help that the LTA have given me by providing Brad Gilbert as a coach but the time has come to move on to the next stage of my career."

“I am ranked 11 in the world and can now afford to pay my own way and so will now hire a team of experts, each to fulfil a specified role in the development of my tennis and fitness.”

The Daily Record reached Gilbert who had this to say:

"I don't really want to talk about it. I haven't spoken to the LTA.''

Gilbert was famously dumped by Andy Roddick after a brief and tumultuous, but successful, partnership which saw the American win the US Open and reach World No. 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...