Google Down the Line!: Maria Sharapova talks defense at the US Open


Sunday, August 26, 2007

Maria Sharapova talks defense at the US Open

After unveiling THE dress and modeling for the media earlier in the week, Maria "Shriek"apova has gotten down to the business at hand. The World No. 2 sat down with reporters to talk about her game and her chances of defending the US Open title she won last year. Forever a fashionista, the Russian glamourpuss still looked great in the black Nike Flirt Maria jacket and pants.


Here's what Maria said when asked about defending her title:

Q. As the defending champion, do you feel more pressure or less pressure on your shoulders and why?
A. I'm sure going on the court I'm going to be a bit nervous. Nerves are part of an athlete. It's how you deal with nerves. I love it when there's something on the line. That's when I play my best tennis. I don't mind going out there and being a little nervous because it says I'm human.

Tracy Austin
for MSNBC Sports gives the Russian a chance to make the final with her soft draw, but hands the title to World No. 1 Justine Henin. We're not so sure Justine will be the winner.

Do you agree? Tell us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...