Google Down the Line!: Jelena Jankovic guts out a tough schedule


Friday, August 17, 2007

Jelena Jankovic guts out a tough schedule


World No. 3 Jelena Jankovic may finally be feeling the effects of her brutal 2007 schedule. She is playing at the Rogers Cups this week, her 21st tournament of the year (to compare, Justine Henin is playing her 10th tournament at the Rogers Cup.)

According to Jelena, "In the middle of the second set, I started to have pain in my stomach, like somebody put a knife in it," [...] "I can be honest. I think I am getting women's thing." The Serbian went on to say, "Obviously, I didn't expect to win this many matches, but I think I've done quite well and it's been a great year so far for me," [...] "I will play a lot less in the second half of the season. I don't want to play like I did in the first half, because it was too much and I don't think my body can hold up."

Ouch - sounds painful. We hope she learns from another notorious tennis overplayer - Kim Clijsters - whose overloaded schedules over the years most likely contributed to the injuries that curtailed her career.

1 comment:

  1. She is dumb. Sooner or later, she will be injury-stricken at every tournament and I wont feel sorry for her. I dont feel sorry for a woman who has a head so much bigger than her successes (which is very little)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...