Google Down the Line!: PHOTO OP: Grigor Dimitrov feeling flexy


Thursday, October 2, 2014

PHOTO OP: Grigor Dimitrov feeling flexy


Grigor Dimitrov took out Spain's Pablo Andujar 6-4, 6-4 at the China Open and will try become the first baller to defeat Novak Djokovic in Beijing when they meet in the quarterfinals. The Serb is riding a 21-0 streak at the tourney.

Grisha doesn't seem too concerned about the world number one's record:
"[Novak] has always played well here. At the same time I like my chances. I've been practising well. I had a good block before the last bit of the season. In a way I'm excited to just come out there and play that match. Of course... I'm going to give my all." 
I actually give the Bulgarian a chance because I think he may have learned a few things from their semifinal meeting at Wimbledon. In that match, Nole was shaky and Grisha had his chances but let the moment get to him. There should be less pressure here; and the Serb has not been his supremely confident self since that championship run at the All England Club.

The ATP site also posted a Player Profile on Grisha. Check it out here.
 
[Via ATP.com; Photo(s) credit: Emmanuel Wong/Getty Images]

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...