Google Down the Line!: PHOTO OP: Serena goes to Washington


Wednesday, July 15, 2009

PHOTO OP: Serena goes to Washington


Serena Williams visited the White House this week as a guest of President Obama and she met the entire family including First Lady Michelle, daughters Sasha + Malia, and pooch Bo.

She discussed the visit before her WTT match saying,


It was amazing, I love President Obama; he has such an unbelievable presence, and he seems to be so normal -- and he noticed my shoes. I think that was the highlight of the whole day, was he liked my shoes.

He asked me, 'Should I be wearing high heels?' So I thought that was kind of funny because he may have been right. Because it is a job hazard for me, but I insist on wearing them.

I didn't know [Michelle] had such an amazing personality. She had me cracking up and laughing. I knew she was a great person, but now I really understand how important this first family is to the United States. And the kids were just so cute and sweet, and the dog was nice.

How exciting for ReRe! She sure looks good for the visit as well.

But is it me or does she always seem to shrink all in her presence?

*shudders*

(image via talkradionews)

5 comments:

  1. I hope that prompts her to vote in the next election

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy for Rena! She totally deserved this!

    "But is it me or does she always seem to shrink all in her presence?"

    She does, but it's not half as bad as Shrieka! She makes everyone look like a freking midget!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^^ Err, spam much? LOL

    Now really cool for ReRe to get to visit Obama! He does seem like a total down-to-earth person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know! This person left a bunch of spam around DtL. Get a clue.

    Back to the topic: Yes, very cool for ReRe! I wish I could win 11 majors and then meet him. And wear heels.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...