Google Down the Line!: VIDEO VAULT: Serena vlogs from Rock n' Racquets, demonstrates questionable warm-up practices


Monday, December 15, 2008

VIDEO VAULT: Serena vlogs from Rock n' Racquets, demonstrates questionable warm-up practices

Serena Williams uploaded more vlogs from behind-the-scenes at Rock n' Racquets this weekend.

In the videos, ReRe is at her loopy best as she demonstrates a few of her "warm-up techniques" including band work, "chi" (which I think is her f-ed up version of "tai chi"), and some form of rap (which I'm guessing warms up her vocal cords for grunting.)

Seriously, if this is how the US Open champ warms up I can see why her hamstring has bothered her for the last month or so and has forced ReRe out of the Hopman Cup in January.

She does offer an Oscar-worthy job of acting healthy, though.

CHECK IT:




9 comments:

  1. I wouldn't take it seriously, considering she said she didn't take herself seriously on the heading of the video.

    I never thought she was injured. I think she just didn't want to play Hopman Cup and Sydney before Australia. She won another diamond-encrusted tennis ball last year, which was the reason she played to begin with.

    They looked like they were still in a hotel from being on the road for Roddick. Her hitting partner is with her. You didn't expect to see serious detailed Murray work outs did you? lol

    I wonder why most players don't show their true training regimen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pamela: Oh I don't take most of what she does seriously. If I ever saw off-season training from ReRe I think I'd fall off my chair. I'm a big fan of ReRe but she can come off a bit flighty and she's a terrible writer/speller - but it's entertaining!

    I would love to see more baller's training regimen but I think they want to keep any advantages private.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reluctantly I'll have to admit that she comes off loopy. You're too easily entertained Rich. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. ReRe is such a hot mess right now, and i'm lovin' it.
    She'll probably get it together for the Aussie Open though, seeing as how its an odd year. (03, 05, and 07 champion)

    ReplyDelete
  5. she's really not normal

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think serena is just being goofy, like she normally is, I like how she really doesnt give a damn what people think of her, and with her "injuries" who cares, she should play only when she feels comfortable, even if the injury is a load of crap, she's all we got,(including venus) representing for american tennis, not just womens either.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sasha is a brave man... Serena's jabs look serious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "If I ever saw off-season training from ReRe I think I'd fall off my chair. I'm a big fan of ReRe but she can come off a bit flighty and she's a terrible writer/speller - but it's entertaining!"

    lol she's seems quite funny and easy going that's all.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...