Google Down the Line!: Quotes of the Day: Serena


Monday, September 8, 2008

Quotes of the Day: Serena


Did anyone else catch the juicy bits from Serena Williams' post-match presser after winning last night's US Open women's final? Let's take a look-see:

I don't really talk about that. I mean, if anything, my mom and my dad have been so supportive. I mean, so supportive day in and day out.

- on the positive influence boyfriend Common has had on her

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh. So much has been going on for me on and off the court, I really have been just focusing on the court. I have to get and talk about what's going on about off the court. I just know about forehands right now, and designs.

- on a potential match next March against Venus at the Billie Jean Cup in Madison Square Garden

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't really focus on what people say about me. I just have to focus on what I can do, and I still do a lot of things.

You know, I'm on the phone at night talking to different people about designs within ANERAS, and then I wake up and I have a match. It can be done. You just have to be able to do it. Not everyone can do it.

- on Chris Evert's infamous open letter to Serena Williams in TENNIS magazine.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let's start from the bottom and work our way up:

Apparently the tennis legend was looking to make amends this weekend after witnessing, like the rest of us, the Williams sisters continue to be the best ballers (still) around.

She told The New York Times,
Let’s put it this way. It’s opened my eyes not to be judgmental and to each his own. Whatever makes you happy. By having other interests, maybe you won’t get burned out as quickly.
Open mouth, insert foot - but good for you Chrissy for owning up to it.

Now, if there's a Venus-Serena match in New York next March, I'll be there - live blogging my arse off like I did for the Federer Sampras NetJets Showdown. Let's hope this becomes an annual tennis tradition at MSG!

And if ReRe has found someone who will follow her around the world supporting her career, will be her stand-in ballboy when she needs one, and will excitedly tell her "This is your moment" I have one thing to say: you better cancel that boyfriend insurance.

(image via Getty)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...