Google Down the Line!: Separated at Birth: Serena vs. Jennifer Hudson


Monday, June 23, 2008

Separated at Birth: Serena vs. Jennifer Hudson

Serena Williams debuted a new Nike trench-style warmup jacket and blown-out hair for her first-round match (which she won) at Wimbledon today.

I'm thinking ReRe just saw Sex and the City co-starring Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson because she's certainly channeling her entire look from the hit movie.

Separated at birth? Do tell!

UPDATE: Believe it or not (mostly believe), the media at ReRe's post-match presser had a field day with her trench coat debut even holding a lengthy exchange with the fashionista about the outfit.

Such a typical ReRe moment...love it:

Q. The trench coat, was that an effort to keep the rain away this year?

SERENA WILLIAMS: Yeah. You know, I absolutely love trench coats. I live in Florida. I probably have more coats than anybody. I just love coats. I'm always buying Burberry coats. I mean, I love coats. And I don't know why because I live in Florida. So it doesn't really add up. But, you know, I was talking to Nike, I walked in, had this great coat on there. We should do a coat like this for Wimbledon. I was like, Okay, cool. I was really all about it. Now I have a wonderful white coat I can wear on the court and also, you know, in New York for those rainy days.

Q. It looked almost Carnaby Street inspired. Was it a '60s retro look.

SERENA WILLIAMS: It's definitely kind of retro inspired. Buckles on the wrist, the waistband tie. You can tie it or button it. I just love coats and it's just a great fabric and a great material and it moves well. It's really nice. I really like it.

Q. It's not necessarily a piece of athletic attire. Did you have to get any special permission from the club to wear it?

SERENA WILLIAMS: It's definitely not athletic attire. But it's ladylike, and I'm very ladylike. It goes perfect with my personality and everything else. It's perfect for me.

Q. Is it going to keep the rain away, do you think?

SERENA WILLIAMS: I don't think it's going to keep the rain away, but we can always hope.

Q. Can you tell us about the fabric? It's hard to tell if it's very lightweight or heavy or porous.

SERENA WILLIAMS: It's a very lightweight fabric. It's a woven so it has a little give in it as well. On the inside it's stitched with gold. It has a little give on both ways. It's very movable. It's very light. It's just delectable.

(image via Getty)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...