Google Down the Line!: Venus Williams wins Korean Open, dines on cow tongue


Monday, October 1, 2007

Venus Williams wins Korean Open, dines on cow tongue


Venus Williams made a return to the winner's circle this week at the Korean Open. Playing for the first time since her semifinal US Open loss to eventual champ Justine Henin, V played sketchy tennis at stretches to defeat Russian Maria Kirilenko 6-3, 1-6, 6-4. The finalists donned traditional Korean clothing for the presentation ceremony.


Here's what V had to say in her blog about the dress:

"I really love the dress they gave me after the final in Seoul. I was thinking about when I'd have another chance to wear it - but I don't know if I can even get it back on! The reality is probably I can't wear it again, but it was mine to keep, so I have it with me. They fitted it for me too, which was great, but with that in mind, I don't know if any other woman can wear it!"

The World No. 8 celebrated the win with some late night karaoke and a dinner that included cow tongue:

"I'd have to say the highlight of my week was the final; it was just a great final, so intense - but the most interesting part was probably getting coerced into eating tongue at this Korean barbecue last night. I almost lost it - twice. Don't get me wrong, I loved the food all week, and I ate lots. But the restaurant owner brought us some delicacies and of course, there was cow tongue. He told me to dip it in the sauce, which was vinegar, and I really don't like vinegar at all. It was just miserable! But I made it through."

(source)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...