Google Down the Line!: Moments from Madrid: Masters Series underway, Rafa returns


Monday, October 15, 2007

Moments from Madrid: Masters Series underway, Rafa returns


Return to action: After pulling out of the Bangkok Open to rest his aching knees, Rafael Nadal returns to action this week at the Madrid Masters, a title he won in 2005. Prior to the start of the tournament, Rafa was awarded Madrid's Medal of Gold by the mayor of Madrid Alberto Ruiz Gallardon.


And how is Rafa doing these days? Well, the World No. 2 said via his website:

"I've done all I can to ensure I'm in top shape, but I've had a month and a half when I haven't been able to do anything, and it's here in Madrid where I will be able to see whether or not I'm in condition to compete at 100 percent."

Army of (terracotta) soldiers: The terracotta statues of Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic were unveiled during the Madrid Masters draw ceremony. All three players are competing in this Masters Series event.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...