Google Down the Line!: Enrique Iglesias talks tennis, Federer, and wrestling Anna Kournikova


Saturday, July 21, 2007

Enrique Iglesias talks tennis, Federer, and wrestling Anna Kournikova

Tennis' original Russian glamourpuss, Anna Kournikova, is keeping busy this summer playing an exhibition event in Toronto and accompanying her hottie boyfriend, Enrique Iglesias, on tour as he supports his album Insomniac.

Sports Illustrated's Richard Deitsch caught up with Enrique for the magazine's Q & A. Here's what he had to say about tennis, Anna, and her possible return to the sport:

SI: Why are people interested in your relationship?
Iglesias: I don't know. I think it's because of her, not me. Mainly, I think it's because she's an athlete and I am singer. We live a pretty normal life, though.

SI: Is there a sport you can beat Anna at?
Iglesias: Anything except tennis and wrestling. Her reflexes are disturbingly good. You throw anything at her, and she catches it.


SI: Before you started going out with Anna, did you follow tennis?
Iglesias: I did, but now I can analyze it a bit. I like watching women's tennis more than men's, though watching Roger Federer is like watching something perfect.

SI: How much do you think Anna misses tennis?
Iglesias: I don't know if she misses playing. She has played since she was 4 years old.

SI: Do you ever see a time Anna would try to play full time again?
Iglesias: I hate answering those questions because I feel like it's her career. But I'll tell you, I think she's an amazing athlete. I'm not saying this because she is my girlfriend. From the little I know, and have analyzed, in the past five years watching tennis, I think with women what I've learned is it is a lot more mental than with men.

(image courtesy of WireImage.com)

3 comments:

  1. I don't think every famous couple has one. They have never been known to have done one and they usually aren't surrounded with bad press. I actually like them as a couple - they seem to do well even in the glaring spotlight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All true, Rich. But you have to admit they are both super hot and would make a great tape.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...